While it may not be a cure-all, the benefits of drinking water are numerous. So, why do we find it so difficult to sip from what is arguably the fountain of youth?
Answers vary, but the fact is, one in 10 Americans drink zero cups of water per day, according to a study by Dr. Alyson Goodman, a medical epidemiologist for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Zero.
“Water is vital for life,” she says. “Many health risks decrease when you drink plain water.”
Which is why, she says, the results are “mind-boggling.”
The following reasons should help you discern why choosing water over any other drink is the better option:
* It balances body fluids. Your body is composed of about 60 percent water and performs vital functions such as protecting your organs and tissues, regulating your body temperature and carrying nutrients and oxygen to your cells — essentially it keeps your body running like a well-oiled machine.
* It keeps skin looking good. Water moisturizes your skin and functions as a protective barrier to prevent excess fluid loss (think free anti-aging cream). In addition, it can keep your skin fresh and smooth.
* It boosts the immune system. Those who guzzle water are less likely to get sick. This crystal-clear concoction helps fight against flu, cancer and other ailments — especially if your water has mild alkaline properties such as those found in Alkame Water. Including ionized water in your daily intake can give your immune system a boost through added antioxidants, improve aerobic capacity, enhance energy levels and, through a patented technology that alters the molecular structure of water, hydrate your body more fully.
* It can help control calories. While drinking water may not be a weight-loss strategy per se, substituting it for higher-calorie or sugar-filled beverages can help by removing byproducts of fat, filling you up so you’re not noshing. It also acts as a natural appetite suppressant and raises your metabolism.
* Having water before sleep and as soon you get up , lowers the risk of heart attacks.
* Our Kidneys need fluids to flush out all the waste created in the body. For proper Kidney function we need to take enough water everyday.