Olive oil is a liquid fat obtained from olives a traditional tree crop of the Mediterranean Basin. The oil is produced by pressing whole olives. It is commonly used in cooking, whether for frying or as a salad dressing. It is also used in cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and soaps
– Olive oil does not raise heart disease risk.
– Olive oil helps prevent Heart stroke
– Olive oil contains anti-oxidants
– Highest source of Mufa among oils
– It helps in reducing the levels of obesity
– Olive oil has zero cholesterol
– It reduces risk of osteoporosis.
– Regular use of Olive oil can help to keep check on normal blood sugar level
– Helps lower bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol
– Olive oil used as a deep conditioner can soften your hair and help repair damage
-Olive oil moisturizes by penetrating deeply into the skin without clogging pores, unlike what many commercial skin moisturizers do. It does this so well that it is often used for skin conditions like eczema or psoriasis.
How to Use Olive Oil
Do not use olive oil for cooking at high temperatures. It has a low smoke point and heat makes it susceptible to oxidative damage. It is best to add olive oil to foods immediately after cooking.
Remember to store oil in a tightly sealed jar in the refrigerator.